Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2024

Sandy Strait 14


I just received this email from Paul who bought an existing Sandy Strait 14 design which was built years ago

He writes:
I recently purchased the Sandy Straits 14 from a gentleman on the Sunshine coast. I was looking for a quiet and stable boat to fish some of Queenslands dams and estuaries for barramundi, saratoga and flathead.
When I originally purchased the boat it had a 20hp Honda four stroke outboard that pushed it along at a slow plane. It was sufficient for taking the family for a fish in the estuary but I needed a bit more so I sold the Honda and put a Suzuki 30 four stroke on. I could not believe the difference 10 hp would make. It now flies.

I have found it to be a remarkably stable boat and would highly recommend for taking the kids or family on a dam or estuary for some fun. It had plenty of storage and seating for all, even a casting deck up front. The family could even be involved in the build as I believe you purchase plans and build it yourself.

regards
Paul






No comments:

Post a Comment